From Citroen SM Wiki
- Don James sells nice brass gears to replace easily-stripped nylon ones.
- Andrew Brodie (Brodule) (NOT Brodie.co.uk!) sells a well-regarded lights and windows module
Resealing to fix leaks
- This works only if there is no rust. Most European cars have rust caused by the stainless trim clips cutting through the paint.
- Remove the deck lid/tailgate from the car.
- Carefully flip it over onto a soft surface so you can get at the inside where the glass-to-deck lid seam is.
- Take masking tape and run a strip around on the glass and another on the deck lid leaving only the old sealer exposed.
- Using a caulking gun, filled with either silicone or urethane sealer, run a bead around between the glass and the deck lid.
- Use a putty knife to push the sealer into the seams, cracks, and crevices.
- Wipe off all excess sealer and then QUICKLY remove the masking tape.