Shift Linkage

From Citroen SM Wiki
Revision as of 17:29, 12 October 2009 by Brucem (talk | contribs)

The control rod has rubber bushings. These disintegrate. When they are gone, shifting is influenced.

There are two.

A equivalent is Raybestos H5219 (or H52192), available from Rock Auto or Kragen Auto (as of Oct 2009).

Those parts cross over to Wagner H5219 and Carlson H5219, available from Kragen Auto (as of Oct 2009).

The original application is for a Plymouth Fury (1969-1978), Dodge Aries, Aspen, Caravan, Challenger.

It may be similar to a Bendix H5638 or Raybestos H52042.

Since this is not part of a precision mechanism, most any bushing that fits will be sufficient. Rumor has it that a piece of rolled-up inner tube is also sufficient.

Carquest H5518, a caliper hardware kit for the 1978 Fury, is about $4. It contains two large bushings (which we use) and two small bushings and a retaining wire (which we don't need). Brucem 17:29, 12 October 2009 (UTC)