From Citroen SM Wiki
Straight (direct swap and commonly available) Options
|Engine||Air Filter||K&N||RU-3130||fits on air cleaner elbow, allows you to remove the large OEM air filter box to free up space|
|Engine||Air Filter||Mann||C16162/1||From Porsche 911: requires fabrication of a short spacer from a piece of 4 inch ABS drain pipe.|
|Engine||Fuel pump||Purolator||Pro 60SV|
|Engine||Oil Filter||K&N||HP-3001||See Oil Filter for more info|
|Engine||Thermostat||Stant / OEM||13376 (160F) / 13378 (180F)||The original thermostat is 167F so the aftermarket choices are -7 or +13F|
Reproductions and Improved Parts
- SM World sells:
- machined replacement for gearshift knob
- machined replacement for parking brake release knob. No more peeling!
- Rumor also that he is producing new (aluminum?) wheels
- Brass, powder-coated hood release pulls
- DS-VitesseHarry Martens sells:
- new transmission input shafts
- new outputshaft seals
- new synchronizerrings
- new bearings
- all gearboxparts. complete overhauld gearboxes in stock
SM Club de France
- are these Renold NOS- yes, but version 2 (Renold Ultra)
- Contact Excelsior Motors (among others) as a source.
IWIS from alternate application
- Order two timing chains for a 1991 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL (186 links) Mercedes-Benz P/N A5100-11943) about $85 each.
- Each comes with one master link.
- Cut both in two for one SM primary chain (74 links) and one cam chain (102 links).
- Buy two extra master links for same car (P/N W0133-1641757) (Auto Parts Warehouse.com) $5.00 each.
- This yields two upper and two lower chains (you end up with a spare main chain) for about $170.
- You can stop there or you can additionally buy one timing chain for a 1991 500 SL (PN A5100-67113) (228 links) and one more master link to make two additional upper chains for about $125
- This yields enough chains for two engines for about $300 ($150 per engine).
- Data current as of Nov 2008 (prices may vary)
(courtesy of John Titus)