From Citroen SM Wiki
Straight (direct swap and commonly available) Options
|Engine||Air Filter||K&N||RU-3130||fits on air cleaner elbow, allows you to remove the large OEM air filter box to free up space|
|Engine||Air Filter||Purolator||A34878||fits inside original OEM air filter box|
|Engine||Fuel pump||Purolator||Pro 60SV|
|Engine||Oil Filter||K&N||HP-3001||See Oil Filter for more info|
Reproductions and Improved Parts
- SM World sells:
- machined replacement for gearshift knob
- machined replacement for parking brake release knob. No more peeling!
- Rumor also that he is producing new (aluminum?) wheels
- Brass, powder-coated hood release pulls
- DS-VitesseHarry Martens sells:
- new transmission input shafts
- new outputshaft seals
- new synchronizerrings
- new bearings
- all gearboxparts. complete overhauld gearboxes in stock
- Andrew Brodie (Brodule) (NOT Brodie.co.uk!) sells:
- A well-regarded lights and windows module
- An improved water pump seal -- See Water Pump
SM Club de France
- are these Renold NOS- yes, but version 2
- Contact Excelsior Motors (among others) as a source.
IWIS from alternate application
- Order two timing chains for 1991 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL (186 links)
- Mercedes-Benz P/N A5100-11943)
- Each comes with one master link.
- Cut both in two for one SM primary chain and one cam chain.
- Cost is $84.95 each.
- Buy one extra master link for same car (P/N W0133-1641757) (Auto Parts Warehouse.com)
- $5.00 each.
- This yields two upper and two lower chains (you end up with a spare main chain)
- About $170 for the whole set.
- You can stop there or you can buy one timing chain for 1991 500 SL (PN A5100-67113) (228 links) to make two additional upper chains. ($124.95)
- This yields enough chains for two engines for about $300 ($150 per engine).